Wednesday, January 23 2013
Craft Idea: Popsicle stick (craft stick) snowflake
Make a snowflake by winding yarn around craft sticks! Fuzzy yarn, or yarn with some sparkle or shimmer will make your snowflake twinkle as it hangs on display!
You will need:
- 3 craft sticks (popsicle sticks)
- white or 'snowflake' coloured yarn
What to do:
- Lay craft sticks across each other so that they intersect at the middle and fan out in a star shape at the ends. Consider gluing craft sticks in place so that it's easier for little people to get started with the yarn winding
- Holding craft sticks in place, loop yarn around first craft stick where all sticks intersect, and then move yarn to second stick. Loop around second stick and move to third stick, looping and continuing around the middle of the snowflake.
- Continue looping yarn, working around in a cirlce and moving towards the outside edge of craft sticks.
- When you reach the outside edge of your snowflake, loop and tie yarn to end of one of the craft sticks. Snip end, leaving enough yarn to make a hanging string for your snowflake